Sturlurtsa Khand
Capital of Khand
 (image: http://wiki.lindefirion.net/images/sturlurtsa-khand.jpg)
Walls of the city
 (image: http://wiki.lindefirion.net/images/sturlurtsa-khand2.jpg)
The Pearl Court
 (image: http://wiki.lindefirion.net/images/sturlurtsa-khand3.jpg)
The Horseshoe Gate
Population
1200 T.A. 10 000
1450 T.A. 25 000
1600 T.A. 60 000
1670 T.A. 80 000
1810 T.A. 100 000
1944 T.A. 70 000

Sturlurtsa Khand


Variag Khagans Ovatha III and Ovatha IV conquered Lurmsakûn in 1101-1139. After final victory, Ovatha IV decided to shift his capital from Ammu Khand to newly conquered southern lands, and commenced the construction of a planned walled city by the confluence of the rivers Noz Peka (V. "Knife") and Medlóshad Peka (V. "Gold-horse") which took the next nineteen years in planning and construction. The city was named Sturlurtsa Khand (V. "The Glorious Victory of Khand"). Khagan Ovatha IV would never see his great city finished, as he passed away just before the final Variag rituals which would make the city sacrosant and dedicated to the Creator God Mulkhêr, Lord of Light and Darkness.

Sturlurtsa Khand became the official capital of Khand in 1158. First khagan to be acclaimed there was Köngjü Khan, third son of Ovatha IV. According to contemporary chroniclers, Ovatha IV took a great interest in the building of Sturlurtsa Khand and probably also dictated its architectural style. Easy availability of sandstone in the neighbouring areas meant that all the buildings were made of the red stone. The imperial palace complex consists of a number of independent pavilions arranged in forman geometry on a piece of level ground, a pattern derived from old Ioriag tent encampments.

Some of the important buildings in this city, both religious and secular are:



Valid XHTML :: Valid CSS: :: Powered by WikkaWiki